Hilton has been hospitalized three times in 2026.
He first spent 21 days in the hospital in March after developing an ulcer, a gastrointestinal perforation, and sepsis. Shortly after being discharged, he was readmitted due to deep vein thrombosis that required him to undergo an emergency thrombectomy.
Then, on August 4, he was transported to a Miami hospital after a TikTok livestream appeared to show him engaging in self-harm. Deputies with the Miami-Dade County Sheriff’s Office later confirmed that Hilton – who was not initially identified publicly – had been “safely recovered and transported by Miami-Dade Fire Rescue to a local hospital, where he is receiving medical attention.”
They also met with Hilton’s family outside the residence and learned his children were not at home at the time.
“In many incidents involving a person experiencing a mental health crisis or actively harming themselves, deputies prioritize de-escalation by creating time, distance, and opportunities for communication,” a spokesperson for MDCSO said in a statement. “Unless there is an immediate threat to others, slowing the situation and utilizing crisis intervention techniques can reduce the likelihood of a suicide-by-cop encounter and minimize the risk of injury to the individual, deputies, and the public.”
After he was transported to a medical facility, Hilton’s family and team released a statement on his website confirming he was receiving medical care.
“Many of you have reached out with concern for Perez, and we are incredibly grateful for the overwhelming outpouring of love, support, and prayers,” they said. “We can confirm that Perez is receiving medical care, and our family’s focus right now is on his well-being.”
They continued, “We kindly ask that you respect Perez’s privacy, as well as the privacy of his family, during this difficult time. If and when we are able to share any updates, we will do so with everyone as soon as we can. Thank you for your compassion, understanding, and continued support.”

