PERTH, Australia (AP) — British social media celebrity and rapper Yung Filly will be retried on three charges that allege he raped a fan in Australia following a music performance two years ago.
The 30-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Andres Felipe Valencia Barrientos, learned on Friday that prosecutors intend to try him for a second time on the charges.
Barrientos underwent an eight-day trial for the same alleged attack last month in the District Court of Western Australia state in Perth.
A jury found him guilty on two charges that he had assaulted the woman, then aged 20, occasioning bodily harm in a Perth hotel room in September 2024.
The jury also found him not guilty of choking her and not guilty of three of six charges of rape.
The jury could not reach majority verdicts of at least 10 out of 12 jurors on the remaining three rape charges.
Prosecutor Danielle Clarke told Judge Linda Black that the alleged victim, who cannot be identified, was willing to testify again at a retrial.
Black was the original trial judge. She told defense and prosecution lawyers on Friday to consider whether they want a new judge to hear the retrial and whether the proceedings should be heard by a jury or by a judge alone.
The Colombian-born entertainer will be sentenced for the assault convictions after his retrial. No date for the trial has been set.
Barrientos has been free on bail since he was charged and was allowed to return to Britain for several months.
He said nothing to reporters as he left the court on Friday.
Barrientos had been touring Australia and had already performed in Sydney and Melbourne before he encountered his victim in Perth. He was arrested several days later in the east coast city of Brisbane, where the tour was to end.
Prosecutors alleged the woman initially agreed to have sex but withdrew her consent because she feared for her safety.

