FCC Commissioner Anna Gomez had an interesting reaction to the news that ABC is suing the agency for allegedly violating the network’s 1st Amendment rights: gratitude.
ABC, which filed the suit on Tuesday, is accusing the FCC of targeting the network and its owned-and-operated stations just because the president doesn’t like the programming.
“I have long called on companies to push back against this kind of government intimidation, and I’m glad Disney has shown courage and stepped up,” she said.
“The retaliation against ABC is a signal to every media company in the country: accommodate the Administration’s view of what news coverage should look like or pay the price,” the network said in a filing last month.
Carr defended going after ABC on Friday, saying broadcasters have a duty to “operate in the public interest” and the FCC is merely trying to restore that standard, according to the Associated Press.

